Friday, June 29, 2018

Ethics in Astrology

PAST

So: We know what our transits and progressions said about this two-year time period that’s starting to draw to a close. I saw, and Alice saw, that this guy was going to make at least one more reappearance, and thus far, he did make the one. I’m thinking maybe he’s not going to make the second, but he did make the one.
Now, what about Astrologer Number One (identified in the post, Hiring An Astrologer)? What was the deal with this person? How could this person look at the same two charts and tell me if I didn’t see Chi before the end of summer 2016, I’d never see him again, and that I’d have met someone else and marry him in October 2017?? When clearly what that was, was The Reappearance Of Chi??
I mean, even I could tell that, and I didn’t know crap about astrology at the time I saw it. All I did was buy some computerized transit reports.
Perhaps this may sound like no big deal to you, but what if I had taken that at face value and not looked any further?
Let me picture that for a minute.
I really believe I’m never going to see him again. I expect to meet someone else.
Now:
I don’t meet someone else, I haven’t done any more research, so I never found out about the codependency issues I have or the ones he has that are worse than I ever expected. I’m all alone in my life and devasted, and now he shows up again, and I don’t know any more now than I did when he left me. I’m still scared I did something to drive him away, I’m still setting my self-esteem by what he thinks or does, I don’t know any of the underlying issues, and here he is again, saying things are no better, he still loves me and misses me, and is it OK with me if he shows up at club meetings again?
Of COURSE I’m going to say yes, and then … of COURSE we end up in an affair. And of COURSE I end up trying to fight his family for him, which is what I’m expressly advised NOT to do.

BUT, because this astrologer also told me I had SIX yods and a Thor’s Hammer, and I did some homework and realized how unlikely it is for a person to have all that in one chart, I saw something was fishy about that reading, did more homework, and now I know NOT to try to fight his family for him, and I know WHY. (And it isn’t the reason you think.)
You know, if I had taken this person’s reading at face value, I could have made a very serious mistake last October, and really screwed up his life and mine.
Why in fuck’s name would this person read the same two charts and tell me this??
She even told me that Chi was “in my yod” and therefore the relationship could never work.
Flip back a post or two and you will see my research on that. He’s “in my yod” all right, and I’m in his yod, in a HUGE way I never would have anticipated or believed, but, um, my reading of that in NO way suggests the relationship has no chance of working. Quite, quite the opposite!
This person is doing well enough practicing astrology to afford to live in Manhattan. Clearly, this person has a following. If she knows anything at all (which her circumstances would suggest), WHY would she have done this?
I think I found the answer.
My “Hiring An Astrologer” post turned up on her Facebook feed a while back, and in those comments she reveals that she once had an affair with a married man, and now is dead set against these kinds of relationships, and hates doing these kinds of readings.
My question, then, is: THEN, WHY ARE YOU DOING THEM?
People may attack me for being obsessive, for not letting things go, for not moving on, for being touched in the head.
Well, in this case, thank God I was. Pain is a teacher and it’s there to motivate you to learn something. So if you can’t let it go, keep the fuck digging and learn all you can … as long as you are truly being open to what you’re told, even if the news is bad.
If I hadn’t done that, I would have made a very damaging decision seven months ago, based on her advice. Strange that, in tilting a reading based on the fact that she hates counseling in an affair situation, she would have actually helped perpetuate one, and favored the worst possible outcome!
Based on this situation, I think astrologers ought to think a bit about what situations they feel comfortable reading for and which ones they do not. If you hate extramarital affairs, and you know you have a prejudice and a bias, then as soon as you find out that is the situation you are being consulted for, return the client’s money and do not take the booking. You never know what your own personal biases are going to cause you to see and say that’s going to affect someone’s future for the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment